- Meet Us
- Our Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Office Staff
From the time you are rocking your babies until they roll off to college we provide a high touch, high tech approach that partners physicians and parents in the care of their children. Whether a child is in our office for routine care or in times of critical illness, our goal is to provide the best technology and information available, combined with a warm personal touch that will be long remembered by parent and child alike. Pediatric Partners is your child's medical home where we provide comprehensive and complete care; coordinating your child's needs for physical, behavioral, emotional and developmental needs. We are able to provide most services within our "medical home" but when necessary will oversee appropriate referrals to specialists.
It was the belief in these tenets that led Dr. Gerald Kilpatrick and Dr. Tommy Schechtman to establish Pediatric Partners in 1998, creating a practice that provides parents with a choice in health care that combines exceptional medical expertise and innovation in an atmosphere of compassion and collaboration.
“When we treat a child, we treat a family as well, we partner with our families in the care of each child.…”
- Tommy Schechtman, MD
While the focus of our practice is to first and foremost provide cutting edge, up-to-date medical care to children from birth through adolescence, every interaction is consistent with the belief that physicians and parents are partners in the care of a child.
Parents are the primary providers of their children's health care and should be empowered to succeed in that role. Therefore, we are ready to assist parents with the challenges and rewards of raising children. By emphasizing preventive health care and early identification of problems we hope to create a foundation on which children can build a lifelong history of good health habits.
The entire team at Pediatric Partners, including physicians with over 200 years of combined experience in the medical care of children, all feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to do the work they love, and share a common mission: They desire to make a difference in the lives of children.
Quality patient care. Quality Customer Service. These concepts reflect our service theme for which all our staff is held accountable. Patient safety is a collaborative effort not just by our clinical staff but by everyone working in our offices.
We have developed a program at Pediatric Partners to help encourage our staff to excel and take pride in their work on a daily basis. The program is called C.A.R.E.S. which stands for Compassion. Attitude. Respect. Excellence. Smiles. If you "catch" one of our staff doing something wonderful or exceeding your expectations you can reward them by nominating them for our C.A.R.E.S. program.
Our Core Values
- We listen to our patients with compassion and empathy
- We get to know our patients
- We can turn around the most challenging situations by demonstrating our concern for the child
- We treat our patients as though they are our own children
- We practice evidenced based medicine
Access to Care
- We make ourselves readily available to our patients
- We never turn away a sick patient
- We care for medically complex patients and those with mental health issues
Partnering with Patients and Families
- We are here to "partner" with our parents in the care of their children
- We empower parents with knowledge to provide the best care for their children
- We treat the child as an individual and as part of a family & community unit
Patient Center Medical Home
- We manage most of our patients' care with in our offices
- We avoid unnecessary referrals & ER visits
- We provide comprehensive care with kindness and competence
- We believe in teamwork at all levels and between all staff members