Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can get a diagnostic PCR COVID-10 test at Pediatric Partners?
Diagnostic testing is available for all of our patients and their immediate family members.
- When are the COVID-19 testing clinics held?
The clinics will take place at our Palm Beach Gardens’ location several times a week, mostly in the evening or during the weekend.
- How is the test performed?
The testing involves a nasal swab performed at our office by our well-trained pediatric clinical staff.
- What happens if my child is sick or has symptoms of Covid-19 and I want him to get tested?
If your child is ill before making an appointment for testing, please call our office to speak with one of our triage nurses to determine if s/he should first be examined by one of providers.
- When do I get my test results?
After the swab is obtained, it is sent to a FDA approved national lab for processing.
- How can I obtain my test result?
The results may take up to 6 -7 days to come back. Your results will be posted to your patient portal. If you do not have a patient portal, you can register for one here.
- What if my test came back positive?
If the test is positive, a triage nurse will contact you to schedule a telemedicine appointment with a provider to discuss what steps should be taken next and to start contract tracing.
- Is the appointment and COVID-19 test covered by insurance?
The appointment and lab test are usually covered by insurance; if you do not have insurance the cost of the appointment will be $25 which is due prior to testing.
If you do not have insurance, the lab will bill according to the CARES Act.
- Can I only get tested by attending one of the clinics?
Patients will continue to be tested for COVID-19 in all three offices during an office visit if one of our providers determines that testing is medically warranted. Please call us to schedule an appointment at 561.401.4081.
- Are you performing rapid diagnostic testing
No, accurate rapid testing or point of care testing is not readily available currently in the outpatient setting.
- Are you performing antibody testing?
No, antibody testing is not very reliable in determining whether your child has actually had COVID-19 nor useful in determining your child’s state of immunity.
- Why should I get my testing done at Pediatric Partners?
Pediatric Partners is your childs’ medical home with friendly and familiar staff to make testing more comfortable.
- Do I need to quarantine my child while awaiting test results?
If your child is symptomatic or was directly exposed to someone with COVID-19 or highly suspected of COVID-19 then your child should remain quarantined for 14 days from date of exposure.
If your child is not symptomatic, s/he does not need to be quarantined but should continue to practice social distancing and wear a mask
- If my child is positive for COVID-19 how long does s/he need to remain quarantined?
Your child must remain quarantined at home for 10 days from the onset of symptoms and must be fever free for 72 hours (without use of anti-pyretics) and demonstrate improvement of clinical symptoms. If your child is asymptomatic, s/he must remain quarantined for 10 days from the date of diagnostic testing.